We invite the contribution of original papers about the intersection of media and society in Argentina in particular, and in Latin America in general, for a conference on “Contemporary Developments on Media and Society in Argentina and Latin America,” organized by Pablo J. Boczkowski and Eugenia Mitchelstein. This event will take place on November 27, 2015, atUniversidad de San Andrés in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and it is supported by this University and Northwestern University’s School of Communication.
We invite empirical, theoretical, and/or methodological contributions that help to expand knowledge about the interplay between media and society at the national and regional levels. Papers may refer to different types of mediated communication such as journalism; entertainment; advertising and marketing; public relations; social networks; and video games, among others.
Topics covered include the following, among others:
- Transformations in modes of content production.
- Changes in uses of media.
- Innovation and technological change.
- Economics and financing of media.
- The state, government and civil society.
- Regulation and public policy.
- Political communication and electoral campaigns.
- The role of users as content producers.
- The deadline for submission of abstracts is May 15th, 2015. Please submit the abstracts by email to: email@example.com.
- The e-mail subject must be “Last Name, First Name –Media and Society 2015”.
- Abstracts must be sent as an attached file in Word format (.doc, .docx) and the file should be named “Last Name, First Name –Media and Society 2015”.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words (excluding the title and references).
- In the same document of the abstract the author/s should include their contact information and a short bio of no more than 75 words.
- A selection committee will review the abstracts and the authors will be notified of the outcome of this process by June 30th, 2015.
- Finalists will be asked to submit their full papers by September 30th, 2015. Paper should not exceed 7,500 words, including references.
- Abstracts and papers must be submitted in Spanish. This will also be the official language of the conference.
- Papers that are part of the conference will be subject to publication in a volume co-edited by Pablo J. Boczkowski and Eugenia Mitchelstein.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.